Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My first post

This is just the beginning. Since I'm working today, I won't have much to share. But I want to tell you why I'm blogging.

I've been thinking about this new garden I inherited when I moved in late September. The house was built in 1967 by a couple who were teachers, Bob and Judy. Both of them have passed away and my husband and I bought the house from their son, Mark. It turns out that Bob was a master gardener. And, although the garden is overgrown, the evidence of his work is everywhere. I've already discovered some fun things that I am anxious to share.

Also, my previous home, as well as the one I now own, are in a lake community. To gain more garden space, I moved from a lake front lot to a fourth-tier, nearly 3/4 acre lot. Unfortunately, only lakefront owners can pump lake water to their gardens. So, in an effort to conserve water, I'll share what I learn about gardening with plants that require little water - like native perennials.

No comments:

Post a Comment