Saturday, January 29, 2011

Revival

Ah, the dead of winter. The cold and dry, the bright and bitter, here again to make us wait. And this, a warm day, the whisper of Spring to melt the snow and blow it's moist breath through my bare garden. I am happy to walk in the mud and to see again into my pond, to fill my birdfeeders in my pajamas without risking frostbite.

I've been away for a while. Life has changed, so has my garden. But, whatever changes, whatever comes or goes, I keep watching and my garden is still with me. The squirrels still nest in my maple, the white throated sparrows still like the yew outside the window by my desk.

My sunroom is finally the haven it was intended to be. It's warmth has been a comfort, through the Fall and Winter, through the changes. It's nearly time to grow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment