Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gardening therapy

My life has been pretty much a mess lately. A lot is changing, people going and coming, plans that fall through, things that break, and there never seems to be enough time to adjust. Even in the best of times life can be crazy. Right now I've got a bunch of both the best and the worst.

And, of course, my garden - especially the vegetable garden - is suffering from my lack of time and attention. In this photo you can see that the crab grass has officially overtaken the space. 

Yep, it's basically mostly grass.
But here's the great thing. When I get overwhelmed and overwrought - just so frustrated I don't know what to do - pulling weeds is great therapy. There is something very soothing about yanking a huge ugly clump of crabgrass out, roots and all. It helped that we had a nice rain the night before. That way I didn't have the added frustration of leaving roots behind. It all came out relatively easy. On top of that I spent some quiet time listening to birds and bugs. There's nothing more soothing than that.
And, not only did I feel a whole bunch better, but I also rescued some pepper plants. About 2 more weeks of frustration and I might just have the whole thing cleaned up :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment