Saturday, January 3, 2015

Closets

Living in our new home has been great but we still have a lot to finish up - like closets. Lucky for us, even though we had no rods in the closets, we had some portable garment racks to hang our clothes these last few weeks.

Since we had super-cold days following Christmas, Brent and I decided to change our plan to work on the barn over the break. Instead, we worked on closets!
Two of the Master Bedroom closets are now finished.
Me working on the little linen cubby in the lower level bathroom.

 The small storage space for linens in the downstairs bathroom was a real challenge. Our air nailer could only be used for part of the job because the space was so narrow. And I was the only one that could fit into the space - and only if I turned sideways. I'm surprised I didn't hurt myself. Two-handed jobs meant that one arm had to go over my head!

It's only 12 inches wide and 24 inches deep
 but we didn't want to waste the storage space.
It's amazing how much more room there is in a house when things can be put away. We still have one big closet to do in one of the bedrooms downstairs. But being able to put our clothes and towels into closets has made our little house feel much more like home. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment